YAY! Thumbs up for more health style videos! 🙂 let’s start off this new year healthy & happy! MORE HEALTH TIPS!
What are dark circles?
Before talking about how to get rid of dark circles let me talk first about what exactly are dark circles, dark circles are a result of the blood passing through the blood vessels under the thin skin of the under eye area showing off a blue like tint making the under eye area appear darker.
The causes for under eye circles are various, it could be because of lack of sleep which is the most common cause for dark circles to appear, things like diet can also take part in the visibility of dark circles due to the fact that the inner health is reflected on the outside, dark circles can also be caused because it was inherited making it the most difficult cause to get rid of dark circles, allergies, age, asthma, medication, liver problems and many others are what seem to trigger dark circles.
How to get rid of dark circles
Now that you know what are dark circles and what causes them let’s talk about how to get rid of them. Depending on the cause for dark circles it may be rather difficult getting rid of them however the market and even your own house is filled with so many remedies in order to effectively get rid of them.
- One of the most commonly used method to get rid of dark circles is make-up (source), honestly you don’t need to have the best make-up brands or most expensive make-up brushes in order to cover up the dark circles, all that you need to know are basic things such as what undertone do you have, which colors neutralize the color of your dark circle and that’s it with just informing yourself well about that it will be as easy as 1, 2, 3.
In order to know if you have warm or cool undertones, the easiest way is to check the veins of your wrist under sunlight, if they look blue that means that you have cool undertones, if it looks green that means that you have cool undertones.
To know which colors neutralize certain colored dark circles here’s how: salmon color and yellow like correctors help get rid of purple-blueish dark circles, green colored concealers help getting rid of reddish colored dark circles.
- For those who prefer not using make-up natural remedies also exist, there’s a wide range of remedies from something as easy as applying lemon or lime juice under the eyes to using something as sweet and delicious as honey, the ones mentioned above are the most commonly used and the only thing you have to do is simple apply them individually or combine them and place it directly on the skin and let it sit for 5-10 minutes and that’s all, results will come quickly.
- Over the counter products can also be used although the chemicals they bring can be harming for the skin although there are certain brands on the market that are organic ingredients in them that prevent the skin from getting damaged, one of the best products (although not organic nor does it use natural ingredients) is called Ponds AclarantB, results using this product are visible after one month of regular usage.
For those who wish to use more environmentally friendly and chemical-free products I recommend (and it’s my personal favorite), Dr Organic Royal Jelly Light & Bright Cream, this cream is amazing for anyone with skin sensitivity as it uses the most natural/organic ingredients to create the perfect cream for such delicate area such as the face.
My mother made the best Italian Wedding Soup through out the cold winter months, every Sunday faithfully. I tried to get my recipe as close to the homemade wedding soup my mother made and pass it along to those reading and searching for a simple yet very filling pot of soup.
- 24 frozen cocktail meatballs (I make mine from scratch)
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1 onion (total of 1-cup)
- 1-tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2-cup small pasta shells
- 3-cups (4-oz.) baby spinach
In a large pot, heat 1 Tbs. oil; add the onion, Italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/3 tsp. pepper. Cook until the onion is tender, about 3-minutes.
Add the prepared meatballs stirring until browned. Then add chicken broth and 2-cups water, bring to a boil and then add pasta, cook for about 10-minutes or until pasta is tenderly cooked.
Stir in spinach and cook about 2-minutes until spinach also is heated. Top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!