Through history, soccer has been one of the greatest and most recognized ball games, reaching millions of people. And children are not an exception they feel very attracted to this sport which is good for their physical and mental development, however there is a tendency to disengage sports because of technological advances nowadays. Leading us to the question “How can we encourage our children to practice this sport?” well, we could use this:
- The values of soccer: Like most sports, soccer, helps children to develop teamwork, respect among peers and rivals, effort and dedication. So you can motivate the kids with the idea of making new friends and learning new things.
- Physical health: children who play sports tend to be healthier and stronger this way you could tell your son or daughter that soccer will help them in their present and will definitely be there in their life as future adults because the habit of making exercise will already exist, plus they might get a professional career out of this or it could help them get in college.
- To play with them: when you play with your children, especially at a young age, you start to create a stronger bond with them so your kid will not only be at the team because it is a great sport, he or she will get on the team to be with you, to share their moments of joy with you, to get dirty of mud with you. Surely they’ll also want to watch the matches next to you and know your opinion about the way they played that day and they’ll be happy knowing that you´ll always support them.
- Awards: kids love to win prizes and they love it even more when they have fun through the process, use this strategy and delight your child saying that “if you play with passion and energy you can get a prize just for having fun”.
- Soccer video games: Ok, let’s be completely honest about this, it is a true fact that in this century almost every kid play video games, so why don’t we use that as a way to motivate them? We could just show them some soccer games online and convince them that they can also do that in real life. That way they can play both indoors and outdoors soccer and not hurting anyone or anything in the process.